Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Favorite Words (and updates on stuff)

In France, i've been listening to the way words are pronounced. And then I thought about my favorite words. And I narrowed it down to THREE. I just love the way they're pronouced, if they're a 'mouthful' like wool or easy like brightness.

Bombora-

I love how it looks so easy to say, but when you really really listen, it's so complex. Bom-Bor-ra. Sort of like it gets even more powerful as you speak it and that makes you feel proud. It sounds exactly like it looks. It's like the word rolls out of your mouth like a wave.



(PS this photo is not fact. A bombora is a (often big) wave on a off shore reef)


Puddle-

How can you not love the word 'puddle'?
PUDDLE! puddle. Puddle. PUDDLE. puddle. PUDDLE
It sort of stays the same whatever you throw at it. And it's so simple!! And I loooove jumping in puddles (wearing gumboots though.... Yes, yes, I know I'm a total weakling of a puddle jumper!!)

And anyway, puddle is a very happy sounding word, so I like it.

(PS my Anglais teacher did not know what a puddle was.... Thankfully it was raining so I could show her)



Gondwanaland-

Epic words. It makes me think big and I like how it's such a mouthful to get out and it changes the shape of your mouth. Gotta love a big, massive sientific word like that!



(And PS.... we should totally do that, just so I can say a) Gondwanaland more often that comes up ni a normal conversation.... we don't say Gondwanaland enough for my liking!! and b) I live in Gondwanaland.... cos it sounds kinda like I live with dinosours... and it sounds epic)

~~

This morning I thought about killing my iPod so my alarm would shut up and then I could sleep.... buuut i didn't and I caught the bus and I..... Ohhhh stairs are slippery in socks!! I have a bruise on my right thigh :(

now what was I on about?

um.

let's continue.

So I'm busily writing and pretending to be creative!:)

Writing A LOT of fanfiction and various things of my own ! Trying to see if I can have less talk, more thought. It's a challenge. But a good challenge.

Holidays start today, but strikes but a big hole in let's seeeeeee everything!! time. So. I'll just have to flounce off to castles another time! All I have is a mile long to-do list. :/

I had an INGENEOUS idea to tie on my locker key (via rainbow laces) to by belt loop. I am so smug :D

ummm..

Buhbye for now, my loves!

xx

you know I love you!

.

.....

zzzzzzz
..

...

1 comment:

  1. "flounce off to castles..."?! Sounds like fun. Any that you can ride a bike to? But don't forget your camera. "could you make a kind of photo project out of showing us 'your france'.....you know the particular details that grab you and tell you you're not at home in the 'bogies....? And include the odd freckle too to keep us Alisoun missing people happy??" (thanks Penny)...But this is something you could do in the holiday.

    ReplyDelete