Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I don't need caffeine, I have youth



I’m feeling really really punk, clothes wise, at the moment. Have been for a while. Gritty, grudge-y, punk, witchy. Uh-huh.

(And that’s why I’m loving the internet at the moment! It’s caught up with me, and smudged make-up, falling out plaits, stockings and a serious lack of strong light is everywhere!)

Witchy vibes are so Autumn (us Aussies have never had a REAL Autumn ….. not really, but fashion wise? Yeah. Because Fall is my favorite clothing season!). And, in my opinion (totally professional) that equals punky. Riiigghhtt? Yes, I’m right. Hmph.



And I have no idea why, but my opinions on clothing has taken a turn. For the worst, or for the better, I’m not sure yet. But there is defiantly a change. I worked this out … Ohh, Monday? There is a very serious change in my opinions on clothes. Now, I’ve always loved clothes (but I’ve never really had the guts to wear amazing things I’ve wanted to), but now it’s like my clothing sensors have opened up. Seriously. I’m automatically judging peoples outfits, wondering what I need to buy next, everything.



And I’ve stopped worrying about what other people think ... It’s like, I’ve started judging them, but I’ve stopped judging myself. I mean, I still wouldn’t leave the house in a pair of trackies (oh man, uniforms are going to hit even harder!), but with only around five set outfits, I have to be inventive (I now have about eight …. I did wear stripes on strips today, but they were different sizes and directions!).

It’s changed, and although I will miss merely ohh-ing and ahh-ing over fashions shows, at least now I'll have to guts to wear something LIKE (but op-shopped … oh, i love op-shopping) what’s on the runways. It's just going to take a bit more effort to put outfits together.



Maybe it’s France …. You know, two and a half months in, I catch the disease of fashion. I used to hate on the fact there wasn’t a uniform, and now I love the fact there isn’t a uniform!

I can’t wait to get back to my full wardrobe!

And I'm looking forward to shoes! I am totally getting a pair of docs, cos I've ALWAYS wanted a pair, and now I think I have the heart to go with them. Plus way more converse (my blue pair have been worn for abooouuutttt 2 months and 1 week. Exactly).



I’m not sure if this is a craze and I’m just digging myself a hole by saying this, but I think I’m going to start wearing far more out there stuff (sorry, my best Swedish friend! I think you’ll be disappointed with what I have in mind … ) LIKE Mum’s blueish greenish overalls (kinda really craving them at the moment)....

Actually, now I speak of my favorite 90s overalls, I need to start getting into some early 90s, late 80s stuff (yep, I’m feeling punky and grudgy)! I’m not talking the fugly season one Friends, I’m talking a few tops, not the skirts, cos they were horrid, but some tops. Hip-Hop style when it was slightly more chic. (Oh and that leather skirt, if it fits ;P)

Wikipedia sums up what I’m looking for: “1920s inspired styles included men's vests and clothing for older women. 1960s inspired styles included men's cardigan sweaters and collarless polo shirts for girls and women.”.

The problem with the previous 60s revival was it was sex organised. I want the 90s thing of mixing it up a bit. (Even though, OMG much, most of ninties clothing was some of the most fugly things I’ve ever laid eyes on, like fanny packs and parachute trackies … eww!).



Baby doll dresses and silk tank tops and leather mini-skirts and punky clothes are all good things. But there was too much of the BAD things in the nineties (like minimalism …. puh-lease) for us to look at the good things. But, then again, the 80s were once-upon-a-time a very bad thing, clothes wise, and now look at us!

So, yeah, mum, watch out! Don’t chuck anything out and when I get back, you’re wardrobe will be raided! :)

Plus I’ll need to go shopping a lot more.

xx I love clothess!



(all pictures are from WeHeartIt and I have no idea who the proper, proper owners of them are :D)







. . . . . . . . . . . x



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . x



. . . . . . . . . . . . . .x

No comments:

Post a Comment