Monday, December 6, 2010

Harry Potter et les Reliques de la Mort

I saw Harry Potter 7 last night! In French! Am I not amazing? And epic? And full of myself? :) I am all! Yay!

Considering I couldn't understand all that much, I'll just review the pictures :)

I thought the cinematography was damn fine! (Apart from the shaky bits when Harry’s looking in Sirius’ old room -- not needed, guys, you had a (less than) $250 million (official) budget, the least you could do was hire a camera man that has attended film school and will not make the audience sea-sick).

THE START !! I loved looking at what The Trio had done to keep their families safe (Harry doesn't have one, but whatevs). Hermione looked tragic, walking out with nothing but a small (CHARMED so it's massive!) bag, tears and all. Actually, that bit was much better than the book, rather than just hearing about it. Sadly, didn't get to see the Ron / Ghoul thing. SADDED.

THE wedding: A tad too much on the short side. Therefore I can't say much about it. TOO SHORT MY DEARS!

Characters:

Bellatrix
and Luna are still the best things to hit Harry Potter movies since …. Quidditch. I was sooo disappointed they didn’t get enough air time!

Bellatrix wasn’t quite evil enough. Sure, she looked like a rabid dog (and I LOVE that) but when she carved ‘Mudblood’ into Hermione’s arm, don’t you think it could have been a little bigger? And bloodier? This is Bellatrix we’re talking about! She’s the one, who, in the great Dumbledore’s own words, “Likes to play with her food before she eats it” (and yes, I’ve read Harry Potter enough to quote it). It was like … Umbridge’s ‘I must not tell lies’ to Harry, but … with a knife.... Eww. It probably wasn’t very sanitary. …. Why am I thinking this?





Is she not the BEST part of the movies?? (+ Luna, of course)

Let’s move on to Luna! Luna, who, in all honesty, could simply chatter into the camera for two hours and we’d still love her more than we love the Trio. Honestly, (why was she wearing a jumper suit in a dungeon?) why didn’t she get enough lines or even scenes. I do not care that she’s barely in the book, the movie’s only BASED on the book !! USE - YOUR - CREATIVE - LICENCE - LUNA - IS - AWESOME!



Umbridge is not brillant, but OH the character! BRING ON THE PASTELS, DARLIN’.



Look at her evily standing there kind of like a toad and SO EVIL AND PINK!

Just... Just ... JUST LOOK!

And that awesome ststue of 'Muggles in their right place'. Aye, one of the best part of the plot (of the books) was the unstableness of the ministry. They always had this underlying black streak, shown with Dementors and various other things, like the fact they practically disowned Harry when he told the truth ('I must not tell lies').

Again, I love that Harry and his mates stand up for what is right (even if they can sometimes be hot-headed). According to the wonderful JK, after all the Voldie-Terror, the Order of the Pheonix and Dumbledore's Army are major parts in the rebuilding and restructuring of the New Ministry. (And 'Mione ending up 'pretty high up' in Magical Law? Makes the books all that more readable).



Is she not brilliant? She deserves TWO pictures because of the icky pink!!!

Now, the Snatchers! Umm, why was the leader guy so goddman hot?? He shouldn't have been, it was a ride-the-coat-tails-evil-guy not OMG HE'S SO HOT-guy. For goodness sake!! -_-

Also, Wormtail doesn't die. And Harry doesn't ask Griphook to say the sword is fake - for goodness sake again! Goblins do not bother themselves with wiarding shabangs! Griphook only did that favour because Harry had helped him and THAT WASN'T IN THE MOVIE. **rant about Goblins OVER**

The part where the Voldie Smashing Trio hear the story of the Deathly Hallows is sooo Tim Burton. I loved it. It was perfect and Death looking for the third brother was just the bomb. However, Death taking him as a equal, not so good. They should have flown off side by side or something, rather than Death taking the third brother up in his nasty talons or whatever. The whole cartoon aspect was a welcome relief from normal filming, one you don’t notice that you want until you see it, finally.

I guess the best part about seeing a movie-made-from-a-book in another language is the fact the story line was All Book because I couldn’t understand what was being said (bar the odd swear word and obvious stuff I now know). So, when I see it in English, it’s probably going to annoy me heaps because THAT’S NOT IN THERE and THEY LEFT THAT OUT. etc. As always happens with a Harry Potter movie and me (and every other fan of the books, I bet) sitting in front of it.

So I can’t really say anything on the plot, but the PICTURES! Aren’t they great?? :D



Worst thing? We have to wait for PART 2 for Harry to actually go further with a girl than pecking her lips *sigh*. Not that we actually see that (I am not a perv!), I’m just saying! Magic, House Elves really wanting to keep the students happy, so fire-wiskey all round seriously and a understaffed and extremely large school? You’d think they were always running around being hormone fueled teens, not … you know, saving the world and all.

Finished about the movie, here's my ramblings!



SIRUIS’ BIKE IS NOT A PASTEL BLUE! For goodness sake, Sirius was manly and probably rode a BLACK BIKE like his name!!

Okay, I did a random google search for pictures and look what came up! I saw Harry potter and the Deathly Hallows!

(and just a quote on the Harry Potter Wiki: “….. They had planned to hold his grandmother hostage to keep him in line, but when she escaped and went on the run herself …..” I love the idea of Neville’s Gran being so feisty (even if she’d forgotten what it was like to be young and poor Neville was raised by oldies) “one little witch on her own …. [some Death Eater]’s still in Mungo’s and Gran’s on the run ….” (HP & the DH and no, I haven’t got a book beside me! Tragic!))

And this blog about buying the book is just entertaining!!

HARRY POTTER !! All the way!

Peace.

xx iloveyou

(ALL the pictures came from THIS website, via google images because I couldn't save it *sniff*)(Am I stealing?)

No comments:

Post a Comment